Whether your day is as unpredictable as mine, or you sit in an office for most of it, we both could benefit from throwing in a few stretches. Taking a few minutes to slow down, lengthen our tight muscles and just breath can really make a difference. Not only in our physical well being but also in our emotional well being.
Your Fabulous Friday Fitness Challenge is to take at least 5 minutes to stretch. Warm muscles stretch well, while cold ones tend to tear instead of lengthen. So hop up, take a bathroom break or walk briskly to another department, grab a load of laundry and hustle up the stairs. Sit down on a chair, now you're ready.
- Take your right ear to your right shoulder. Hold and breath. Reverse.
- Drop your chin to your chest. Hold and breath.
- Pull your right arm across your chest, hold with the other hand. Hold and breath. Reverse.
- Extend your right leg straight in front of you, toes up, lean forward at your hips. Hold and breath. Reverse.
- Place your right ankle on your left knee. Sitting up tall, lean forward at your hips. Reverse.
- Stand up. Hold your right leg behind you, foot toward your tooshy. Hold and breath. Reverse.
If you have a few more favorites, toss them in there too. Visual learner? Check out this great slide show!
comment when you are done.