Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ok Ok I'm going!

Over the course of a lifetime we figure out what motivates us and what doesn't. For me, its always something social. It's not my personal goal to run a marathon or some inner fire that gets me moving, although not fitting into my pants is the exception. It's knowing my husband is doing the mud run with me, it's a friend waiting at the gym, it's a group of women in Moms In Motion waiting for me at 7am on Saturday, or even saying hi to everyone I see on a trail near my house.

That being said, when I found out that I could hear applause from my friends on a solo run I was SOOO IN! My fellow runner, Angelique B shared the Nike+ app with me sometime ago and I love how simple and fun it is. There are updates on your progress and pace, and often some pro athlete will come on with a motivational message. Fun!

The whole thing changed when Karrie C. told me this weekend that if you sync with facebook and post that you're running...you will hear actual applause when someone "likes" your post. I used it for the first time today and actually ran a mile longer hoping I'd hear just one more applasue!

So if you were out on the trails in Elk Grove today and saw a women smiling during her run..that was me!


What motivates YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment